SUN DANCER / SPIRIT DANCER LODGERental Contract and Regulations
The lodges are ideal for family gatherings, corporate retreats, reunions, birthday celebrations, weddings, theme weekends:( i.e. cooking classes, yoga, fitness, painting, photography, nature, birding), & much more.
- Location — The Lodges are located at:
||333 Old Rag Lane (off Rt 644) Etlan, VA
||Phone (540) 923-4325
||347 Old Rag Lane (off Rt 644) Etlan, VA
||Phone (540) 923-4118
||353 Old Rag Lane (off Rt 644) Etlan, VA
||Phone (540) unlisted
||Contact (703) 887-8126 primary
||(703) 298-8558 backup
- Liability — The Lodges are privately owned and the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or facilities. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Falsified Reservations — Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental monies, and the party will not be permitted to check into the Lodge.
- Reservation Deposit — An advance reservation payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required before arrival to reserve your selected dates. Payments can be made in the form of PayPal using EtlanRentals@gmail.com (use friends & family option), bank money orders, cashier’s checks or personal checks payable to: Sun/Spirit Dancer LLC, 4607 3rd Street North Arlington, VA 22203. The reservation payment is not a damage deposit. The balance of the rent is due 30 days before your arrival date. The Lodge requires a two (2) night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. Rates are subject to change without notice prior to a rental contract being signed.
- Damage Deposit
A damage deposit of $400 is required for Sun Dancer.
A damage deposit of $300 is required for Spirit Dancer.
This deposit must be received along with the final payment. This damage deposit will be fully refunded upon inspection of the Lodge, and provided the following provisions are met.
- No damage is done to the Lodge or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- Furniture, if moved, is returned to its original position.
- Dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and dishwasher started.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- All trash is deposited in the refuse container located along the road at the property entrance.
- Lights and fans are turned off.
- Doors are locked and the key is returned to the lock box.
- Taxes — There is a required 5.3% State Occupancy and a 5% County Occupancy tax applied to all rental rates.
- Cancellation Policy — A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay or that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, will forfeit the full advance payment. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
- Maximum Occupancy — The maximum number of guests in the Sun Dancer Lodge is limited to sixteen (16) persons. The maximum number of guests in the Spirit Dancer Lodge is limited to twelve (12) persons.
- Check-In and Check-Out Times — Lodge check-in is after 3:00 PM of the arrival day, and check-out is by 12:00 Noon of the departure day unless otherwise arranged.
- Smoking — This is a NON SMOKING Lodge.
- Pets — Pets of any kind ARE NOT ALLOWED under any conditions. Owners have allergies to both pets and flea bites. There is a $300 fine for not adhering to this condition to cover the cost of decontamination.
- Maid Service — Maid service is not provided.
- Provisions — The Lodge is provided with a full kitchen (dinner ware, silverware, pots & pans, coffee maker toaster), washer and dryer, fireplace, and barbecue grill. Also furnished are dishwasher soap, coffee filters, linens, towels, and toilet tissue.
- Telephone and Computer Service — There is no charge for local calls, however a phone calling card is required to place long distance calls. Cell phones generally do not work in the local area. Sun Dancer has satellite Internet service. Spirit Dancer does not have Internet service. Free Internet is available at the library in Madison. This internet service works even after hours from the parking lot.
- Storm and Road Conditions — No refunds will be given for storms or road conditions unless the National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuation or restrictions. In winter months with snow conditions, four wheel drive vehicles may be required to reach the Lodges. There have been a few occasions where even a four wheel drive is unable to make the last grade due to icy conditions. In this case, a 1/4 mile uphill walk would be required to reach the Lodges.
- Outside Fires — NO OUTSIDE FIRES ARE ALLOWED except in the outside fireplace. We are within the boundaries of the State and County defined forest, and adjacent to the Shenandoah National Park which has restrictions on outside fires. Local residents and volunteers are alerted from any smoke and will report the incident to the Fire Marshall upon sight. Be aware that fire fines are substantial.
- Trash Disposal — All debris, rubbish, trash and discards are to be placed in the refuse container located along the road at the property entrance on departure.
- Parking — Adequate parking is available in front of the Lodges.
- Fireplace — The fireplace may need the damper opened prior to usage. Keep the fire to the back of the fireplace as a precaution to strong prevailing winds which occurs coming down the mountain. Adequate firewood is available.
- Food Storage — Food is not to be left outside the Lodge. There are squirrels, opossums, raccoons, coyotes, and black bears that will find their way to your food supply even if contained in coolers.
- Insects — We have regularly scheduled professional exterminators but this does not guarantee the absence of all insects in rural environments (ladybugs, stinkbugs, ants, etc.).
- Written Exceptions — Any exceptions to the above polices must be approved in writing in advance.
By renting, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.